The Xbox One FIFA 14 Controller Bug Detailed
Electronic Arts seemed to be having such a wonderful week, with the next-gen version of their hugely successful football/soccer series being launched, but now it’s back to a reality check for the Canadian based developers/publishers.
They’ve identified an annoying controller bug issue for the Xbox One edition of FIFA 14, and they intend to fix this issue as soon as possible with an update. When using two separate controllers which have both been assigned to user profiles the game glitches. When the title is loading, and the player decides to navigate the boot-flow using controller two. This more than most has lead to crashing and freezing issues which is not good for EA to say the least.
We strongly advise you to just use the first controller to navigate the boot-flow for the foreseeable future, just until EA decide to release the all-important update. You’ll be able to turn on the second controller once you’ve arrive at the main menu however.
The unexpected second bug glitch, is to do with the boot-flow, and more specifically if you decide to leave your Xbox One completely inactive all the way until it eventually goes into sleep mode at the title screen, then you’ll not be able to play or gain access to any online features.
The official EA Website posted a help article detailing that an update for the Xbox One glitches will be on it’s way shortly. Keep checking back at the page periodically to see a news update that should confirm this.
EA have also identified various other issues that have occured with the next-generation versions of their title, and they’re outlined below:
- Controller Bug: Using two separate controllers, both assigned to user profiles, and then using controller two to navigate the bootflow when FIFA 14 is loading can result in a crash. The FIFA dev team will be fixing this issue as soon as possible (shortly after launch) but, in the meantime and as a workaround: please only use controller one to navigate the bootflow of FIFA 14. You can turn on and use the controller two once in the main menu.
- Bootflow Issue: If you suspend the console (leave it inactive until it ’sleeps’) on the title screen in the Xbox One bootflow, you will not be able to access any online features when returning from an unsuspended state. As a workaround: don’t suspend the console when on the title screen. If you do, simply restart the console (XB1 Only).
- When playing as a GK in Pro Clubs, you will have no way of changing the camera off of the ‘End To End’ camera (XB1 Only).
- Compatibility improvements with Xbox voice commands (XB1 Only).
- The ‘Seasons Win’ item in the EA SPORTS FC catalogue will not be properly received if gifted to a friend. (BOTH PS4/XB1) You should: Hold off on gifting this item until the upcoming title update.
- Title crash in Co-Op seasons if the captain is using a custom formation and the non-captain does not have any custom formations (XB1 Only). You should: Make sure you have the same amount of custom formations as your teammate, or not use them.
- FIFA fans cannot join Friends Only matches via a friend’s profile (PS4 Only). You should: Accept the invite from the user when it comes through and you will be able to join the match properly.
EA Sports have said that they will look out for more cases and keep all of their loyal customers up to date regarding any of these errors.