The FIFA 14 Chemistry Styles Explained In-depth
The Meaning of Chemistry as Applied in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team
Winning a match in any game does’t depend on the player’s skills alone. The player’s attributes, fitness and the chemistry all contributes towards team efficiency. The chemistry of the team is very vital in the teams overall performance. The FIFA 14 chemistry styles are generally the representation of the mood of the player in the field. High chemistry definitely will translate to better performance while if it’s got a low value, then it’ll prevent the players from performing well.
Chemistry is that factor that evaluates the relation in the team or club. It’s that which motivates the interaction between the club and the player, the positioning of the player and the general relationship with other players and the team manager. FIFA 14 introduced this very concept to bring more meaning to the game, to complicate team building, make it more diverse and challenging hence more fun to the players.
The Chemistry Style Cards
The player has the authority to get the most preferred chemistry card and decides on which one to apply to which individual player. EA Sports have released 23 of these cards; the basic pack containing all the players, goalkeeper cards which are four in number and the remaining eighteen card styles allotted to the other players. It is therefore a task planning the team squad and assigning the right card.
How It Works
The chemistry style assists people to know where the attributes of the player improve with increasing levels. The higher the chemistry levels the higher the performance and the more effective the team becomes. When it’s high it’ll definitely make the players play better than the lower threshold. The maximum levels are set at 10 points by default. When the players reach the ten points the arrow changes to a green colour from a previous white. The green color indicates the benefits the player is attached to in the team.
Below is the complete list of all the styles that EA released in full:
All the players are set to default to begin with the basic chemistry style. The basic setting gives the players just a few, enough attributes to start playing. One will however need to upgrade the layers overtime.
The attacking chemistry styles are highly optimised and geared towards making the attackers in the game more effectively. The skills are optimal and allow the players to attack more offensively than they would have done previously. The best shooting bonus is included in the following chemistry styles:
- Sniper: the sniper is powered to boost the dribbling and shooting power; use on the following positions; LW, CF, and RW.
- Deadeye: the Deadeye is powered to boost the heading and shooting power; use on the following positions; ST, CAM, CF, LW and RW.
- Hawk: the hawk is powered to boost pace; use on the following positions; RW, ST and LW.
- Marksman: the marksman is powered to boost heading, shooting and dribbling power; use on the following positions; ST, CF and CAM.
- Finisher: the fisher is powered to boost heading and shooting power; use on the following positions; ST
- Hunter: the hunter is powered to boost shooting and pace; use on the following positions; LW, CF and RW.
The midfielders also need a bit of a boost now and again, the following can be applied to give your midfield that extra push in performance.
- Architect: the architect is powered to boost passing and heading; use on the following positions; CAM and CM.
- Powerhouse: the powerhouse is powered to boost passing and defending of your central defensive midfielder and make him into an enforcer; use on the following position; CDM.
- Maestro: the maestro is powered to boost passing, shooting and dribbling; use on the following positions; CAM and CM.
- Engine: the engine is powered to boost passing, dribbling and pace; use on the following positions; RF, RW and LW.
The defending chemistry styles enhance the performance of the defenders. This makes the defenders stronger with their tackling techniques and energized. Get defensive bonuses by applying the following:
- Sentinel: sentinel is powered to boost heading and defending, use the following positions; LB, CB and RB.
- Guardian: the guardian is powered to boost dribbling and defending; use the following positions; RB, LB, RWB and LWB.
- Gladiator: the gladiator is powered to boost shooting and defending; use the following positions; LWB, CDM and RWB.
- Backbone: the backbone is powered to boost passing, heading and defending; use the following positions; CB.
- Anchor: the anchor is powered to boost defending, heading and pace; use the following positions; LWB, RWB, CB, LB, and RB.
These chemistry styles can only be used on the goalkeeper. They help the goalkeeper improve their saving tactics and all-round awareness. The goalie also starts from a lower rating basic chemistry and advances to the more mature points. Here are the four styles designed for the goalkeeper;
- Wall: the wall is powered to boost kicking, handling and diving.
- Shield: the shield is powered to boost speed, kicking and reflexes.
- Cat: the cat is powered to boost positioning, reflexes and speed.
- Glove: the glove is powered to boost handling, diving and positioning.
The Special Chemistry Styles
- Catalyst: the catalyst is powered to boost passing and pace; use in the following positions; CM, CAM and CDM.
- Shadow: the shadow is powered to boost defending and pace; use in the following positions; CB, RWB, LB, LWB and RB.
- Hunter: the hunter is powered to boost shooting and pace; use in the following positions; CF, RW and LW.
The chemistry styles that are empowered to go up to 2 levels instead of three will increase between one to three points and this will depend on the general team chemistry. The levels with three points for instance Backbone and Anchor will go up but will not exceed two.
All these styles will be applied by the players of the game as consumables, just like a player would do with last years modifier, Players purchase the FIFA 14 chemistry styles and make their game experience enjoyable and an investment.